Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Atlanta, GA
Deciding to place your parent or grandparent in a nursing home or assisted living facility is one of the most difficult decisions that you will make. You put your trust in a nursing home to provide the best care for your loved one, but a few nursing homes break this trust. They mistreat elderly people and violate all the rules and regulations.
Tune into your local news or scan your newspaper, and you will see countless stories of heartbreaking elder abuse. According to FHA, “research suggests that 700,000 to 1.2 million elderly people are subject to elder mistreatment in the United States and that there are 450,000 new cases annually.”
Types of Elder Abuse:
- Physical abuse: This is non-accidental force against an elderly person that results in physical pain, injury, or impairment. Some of the more common signs of physical abuse are unexplained bruises and cuts, broken bones, and bloody and torn clothing.
- Emotional abuse: This can be either verbal or non-verbal,for example, yelling and threatening the elderly, humiliating, or ridiculing. Non-verbal abuse can take the forms of ignoring the patient, isolating them from friends, or terrorizing them.
- Sexual abuse: Sexual elder abuse is contact with an elderly person without the elder’s consent. This can involve physical sex acts but also includes showing pornographic material or forcing the elder to undress.
- Neglect or abandonment by caregivers
- Financial abuse and exploitation
- Healthcare fraud and abuse: This is carried out by unethical doctors, hospitals, and other providers by not providing healthcare and charging, overcharging, or double billing for services.
If you believe that your elderly loved one has suffered abuse, then contact the nursing home abuse lawyers at The Cochran Firm Atlanta today.
Do I have a nursing home abuse case?
You may have a case if your loved one was harmed and suffered injury because of nursing home abuse. You can then file a nursing home abuse case and seek justice. Contact our nursing home abuse lawyers at The Cochran Firm Atlanta for a free consultation.
What are the challenges I face in getting the solutionthat I desire?
Elder abuse can be difficult to prove once suspicion arises. Sadly, many nursing home abuse cases go unreported and unpunished. It is estimated that roughly 1,800 deaths occur every year because of elder abuse. Given the challenges, consulting a nursing home abuse lawyer is highly recommended.
What solution does The Cochran Firm Atlanta offer to victims of nursing home abuse?
The Cochran Firm Atlanta has a team of nursing home abuse lawyers who will investigate the cases of death due to nursing home abuse.
What is the first step towards resolving my queries regarding nursing home abuse claims?
Don’t hesitate to contact our experienced nursing home abuse lawyers at The Cochran Firm Atlanta. Our nursing home abuse lawyers, wrongful death attorneys, and staff are dedicated to serving our clients and will work relentlessly to get you the results that you deserve.
Want to file a nursing home abuse claim? Contact our nursing home abuse lawyers, who have expertise in wrongful death cases involving auto accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, civil rights, and nursing home abuse. Call The Cochran Firm Atlanta toll-free at (404) 222-9922, or send us your queries using this inquiry form.