If you were hurt in an auto accident, on someone else’s property, or from a defective item, you might have the basis of a personal injury claim.
The Cochran Firm – Nashville serves the Franklin area. Inspired by our legendary founder, Mr. Johnnie Cochran, Jr., we are passionate about helping people who suffer from harm because of the carelessness of others.
Call a Franklin personal injury lawyer today at 615-678-6278 to learn more about your legal options. We want to hear from you regardless of how your accident occurred. The initial consultation is free, and there is no obligation.
The Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
The Cochran Firm, nationally, has been serving clients nationwide for over 40 years.
Some of our practice areas include, but are not limited to:
- Auto accidents. If another driver was at-fault in a collision in which you got hurt, you may have a claim for monetary damages. In a successful case, you may be able to recover a settlement for property loss, medical bills, and other related expenses.
- Defective drugs and medical devices. This category can include both prescription and over-the-counter medications, as well as items that doctors and hospitals use. For example, a stent placed in a blood vessel of the heart can break apart, tearing holes in arteries and veins. The ensuing complications can serve as the basis for a civil action.
- Environmental hazards. Toxic chemicals can lead to severe medical conditions, like asbestosis, mesothelioma, silicosis, leukemia, and other diseases. Sometimes people get exposed to these substances while on the job, while others encounter them inside the home or through other means.
- Medical malpractice. We turn to doctors and hospitals to help us get better. Unfortunately, medication errors, surgical mistakes, and other forms of negligence can make a patient sicker than before seeking help. Tragically, some victims of medical malpractice die from these errors.
- Police misconduct. Although most law enforcement officers put their lives on the line to protect us, there are a few officials who abuse their power and harm civilians. Police misconduct can include matters such as the use of excessive force, sexual assault, racial profiling, coercion, blackmail, and inappropriate strip searches.
- Product liability. When a person uses a product as directed but gets hurt because of a defect or hazard in the item, the maker, designer, or distributor of the product could be responsible for the resulting harm.
- Premises liability. When you get hurt on someone’s property because of the owner’s negligence, you might be able to seek recovery for your losses. Premises liability includes harm that happens on residential property—like your neighbor’s swimming pool—or commercial property, like a slip and fall accident at a store.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Ranging from a mild concussion to long-term impairments, a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can devastate both the victim and their family.
- Wrongful death. If a close relative lost their life due to the wrongful actions of another party, whether that conduct was negligent or intentional, we might be able to go after additional compensation for the legal beneficiaries.
If you were hurt because of someone else’s negligence and do not see your situation on this list, call a Franklin personal injury lawyer at The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at 615-678-6278 to find out if we can help.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Franklin, call 615-678-6278
How We Show That Someone Is Liable for Your Injuries
Tennessee law requires that a lawyer prove these elements to win most types of personal injury cases:
- Duty of care. The other party must have owed you a duty of care. For example, an employer has the responsibility to provide a reasonably safe workplace.
- Breach of duty. When a party’s conduct does not live up to the legal standard, the party is negligent. For example, an asbestos abatement contractor does not provide adequate protective gear for their employees. The failure to provide a safe workplace breaches their duty of care.
- Causation. The negligent act must be the thing that caused or contributed to the harm. If one of the contractor’s workers developed asbestosis, mesothelioma, or some other medical condition as a result of the lack of appropriate personal protective equipment, their employer’s negligence caused the injury.
- Measurable harm. The victim of a personal injury must experience quantifiable damages to seek monetary compensation. Physical harm, like asbestosis or mesothelioma, satisfies this factor for liability.
When we can prove all four of these facets, we can hold the other party responsible for your losses.
Franklin Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
Delays Could Make You Lose Your Right to Money Damages
Every state has a statute of limitations for filing personal injury cases. If you miss the deadline, you can lose the right to pursue compensation for your losses.
The law does not require you to work with a lawyer on your personal injury case, but it can be a smart idea to do so. By working with a Franklin personal injury lawyer from the beginning, you can enter the legal process understanding your rights and what to expect.
Getting Help with Your Franklin Personal Injury Claim
Our passion is to advocate for victims of injustice. If you or a loved one was hurt because of someone else’s carelessness, we want to hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
We handle personal injury cases on a contingency-fee-basis. You do not have to pay any legal fees upfront. We get paid out of the settlement proceeds or award at the end of your case’s resolution. If we cannot successfully resolve your case, then we do not get paid.
You can call a Franklin personal injury lawyer at The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at 615-678-6278 for a no-cost case review. The initial consultation is free.