The development of new drugs is one of the most important endeavors of modern industry. Most pharmaceutical companies take this duty seriously. However, in the rush to produce new, more profitable drugs, mistakes can be made. If you’ve been hurt by a dangerous drug, you should speak with the experienced pharmaceutical Injury lawyers at The Cochran Firm about your case.
When you suffer a personal injury as a result of a defective drug, whether the drug is prescription or over-the-counter, you have a right to pursue justice and compensation for your injuries.
Our pharmaceutical injury lawyers can help. We’ll discuss your case at a free, no-obligation initial consultation.
Injuries Caused by Defective Drugs
Negligence and misconduct by big pharmaceutical companies are never acceptable. Our pharmaceutical injury lawyers have seen too many lives ruined by defective drugs, and we’re committed to representing the victims of these dangerous drugs.
Common effects of defective drugs include:
- Heart attack
- Stroke due to hemorrhages
- Increased blood pressure
- Internal organ damage
- Depression, which may lead to an increased chance of suicide
Nearly half of Americans take a minimum of one prescription drug daily. If you’re one of them, and you’ve been hurt by a defective drug, the pharmaceutical injury lawyers at The Cochran Firm are ready to help nationwide.
In the cases our pharmaceutical injury lawyers have pursued, there are typically three different parties who could be liable:
- The drug manufacturer when inadequate research and testing was done on the drug, or if the company fails or attempts to hide the drug’s dangerous side effects, patients are put at risk.
- The pharmacistYour pharmacist has an obligation to fill your prescription correctly and with the right dosage. Failure to do so could be grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- The physicianWe trust doctors to prescribe medications that are appropriate for our needs and that don’t conflict with other medications we might be taking.
There is a statute of limitations on pharmaceutical injury cases, which means your claim must be filed within a certain time frame. That time frame will vary from state-to-state.
We have pharmaceutical injury lawyers across the country, and they understand the intricate procedures and regulations involved with these cases. We know the law and we know the medicine.
You can learn more about Pharmaceutical Injuries on our Questions about Pharmaceutical Injuries page.
If you need a skilled pharmaceutical injury attorney anywhere in the United States, please contact The Cochran Firm for a free, no-obligation initial consultation.