The fact is that, for many who have suffered an injury, the accident has more than just physical consequences; it can weigh heavily on finances as well. What’s more is that while negotiating with an insurance company or liable party, the compensation offered may not fully cover the cost of your expenses. For that reason, you may want the knowledge and resources of a Nashville personal injury lawyer.
The Cochran Firm values integrity and has been in business for over 40 years, and The Cochran Firm – Nashville carries on that legacy today. If you are the victim of an injury caused by negligence, we want to help you pursue the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 615-678-6278 for a free consultation.
Defining a Personal Injury
The American Bar Association states the following about personal injury “Every tort claim, regardless of its basis, whether intentional, negligence, or strict liability, has two basic issues—liability and damages. Was the defendant liable for the damages you sustained, and, if so, what is the nature and extent of your damages? If you can prove liability and damages, our system of justice will award you compensation for your loss.”
Not everyone is aware of what qualifies as an injury that warrants a personal injury claim. While there is no single injury or list of conditions that warrant you bringing legal action, there are common characteristics and circumstances that may help you determine your eligibility for moving forward.
Personal injury lawsuits are often necessary when any of the following conditions are present:
- You were injured because of someone’s recklessness
- You were injured because of dangerous elements in a workplace, place of business, or property of another
- The injury you sustained prevents you from working, either in the short or long term
- The injury causes you to incur various out-of-pocket expenses
A lawyer can listen to the circumstances of your situation and answer questions you have about your eligibility for a civil action. Regardless of how your injury occurred, The Cochran Firm – Nashville wants to hear from you.
Common Circumstances Where Injury May Occur
There are a variety of conditions that have proven to produce more negligence-caused injuries than most.
Some of these include:
- Motor vehicle collisions, which often involve one or more drivers acting in a way that was likely to cause harm to others (and was therefore negligent)
- Workplace accidents, especially among workers who do physical labor and other strenuous jobs
- Incidents caused by a defective product, including dangerous drugs
- Injuries that occur on a property deemed unsafe
Whether your injury occurred under the above circumstances or in a situation not listed here, you may benefit from the help of a Nashville personal injury lawyer.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Nashville, call 615-678-6278
Injuries Can Be Life-Altering
No one anticipates being seriously injured, and therefore, do not consider the implications that a severe injury can have on the quality of life.
Serious injuries can:
- Leave you with limited mobility
- Cause you to miss a significant period of work or otherwise lose your job
- Leave you with a permanent disability
- Leave you scarred or disfigured
- Cause serious psychological or emotional complications such as anxiety, depression, and suicidal ideation
There is virtually no end to negative outcomes that can come from a serious injury, and they do not come without a cost, either. Civil courts and personal injury lawyers exist to help you pursue financial compensation to help combat these negative outcomes. Call our team at The Cochran Firm – Nashville today at 1-(800) THE-FIRM or 615-678-6278 to hear how we may be able to help you pursue compensation.
Nashville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me
A Nashville Personal Injury Lawyer’s Role in Your Healing
Some of the ways that a personal injury lawyer can help include:
- Speaking with you and other eyewitnesses to understand how your injury occurred
- Consulting with medical professionals and other experts to provide more insight into your accident
- Negotiating for fair compensation that covers your accident-related expenses
- Collecting, analyzing, and organizing evidence into an argument to promote financial recovery
- Making you aware of any available settlement offers
- If your case goes to trial, defending your right to compensation
Each case may require additional responsibilities than the ones we have listed here. One of your lawyer’s goals should be to win compensation to help you in the immediate and long-term future. Your lawyer should act in accordance with what your case needs to promote a favorable outcome.
What Possible Compensation Can Cover
It is our legal team’s belief that you should not be financially responsible for an accident that you did not cause.
Should your case be successful, you could ultimately obtain financial coverage for:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Childcare costs
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional trauma
The circumstances of your case may entitle you to additional compensation other than what we have listed here. We encourage you to call our team today to learn more about what financial recovery can do for you.
Time to File
Every state has certain time limits, called “statutes of limitations,” that govern the time period by which you must file a personal injury lawsuit. In some states, like Tennessee for example, you may have as little as one year to file a lawsuit or longer depending on the type of action. If you miss the statutory deadline for filing a case, your case will be dismissed.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Team at The Cochran Firm – Nashville Today
After you have suffered an injury, we want to be your legal advocate so that you can begin the process of healing.
As you focus on recovery from your injuries, allow us to take on your legal burdens to pursue compensation on your behalf. Depending on when your accident occurred, you may not have long to act. To learn more about what our team can do for you, call The Cochran Firm – Nashville at 615-678-6278.