Construction Accident Lawyers
As a safe, responsible construction worker, you understand the dangers of your work site. You take the proper precautions, wear the right safety equipment and never take unnecessary risks that violate site safety protocols.
Unfortunately, you can still end up suffering a significant injury while on the job, even though you did everything right. At The Cochran Firm, our personal injury lawyers will help you, either by navigating your state’s workers’ compensation system with you or pursuing a legal claim on your behalf.
Even though construction sites are, by their very nature, dangerous places to work, that doesn’t clear your supervisors from their responsibility to keep employees safe. And it doesn’t mean you lose your right to justice in the event that you get hurt.
If you’ve been hurt in a construction accident and want to speak to a personal injury lawyer about your options, please contact The Cochran Firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Steps to Take
When you are injured on a construction site, you will want to take the following steps to ensure you are fairly compensated:
- Seek medical attention immediately, even if your injury seems minor
- Report your injuries to your direct supervisor
- Gather the names and contact information for all witnesses
- Get photographs and other physical evidence of the injury, location of the injury, and any equipment involved
- Contact the Cochran Firm and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation
Causes of Construction Accidents
There are a number of ways for safety-conscious workers to suffer serious injuries on construction sites. The Cochran Firm’s personal injury lawyers have seen these accidents, and we understand how to handle the legal consequences associated with them.
Common construction site accidents include:
- Scaffolding falls
- Electric shocks
- Chemical spills
- Crane accidents
- Falling materials, such as rock or brick
These accidents obviously present a significant danger to on-site workers. Many of our clients suffered serious brain injuries as a result of their construction accidents.
Construction accident litigation is usually quite complicated, as there are a number of different parties who can usually be said to possess some liability for your accident. That’s why choosing the experienced, proven personal injury lawyers at The Cochran Firm is so important.
Your options after your accident will largely be determined by the laws of your state. There are usually two paths, most determined by the laws of your state:
- In some states, just about all worksite accidents and injuries must be handled through the state’s workers’ compensation system. This makes it difficult to pursue a personal injury case through the courts, though even in these states some circumstances will permit such a suit.
- On the other hand, some states permit personal injury actions based on workplace accidents in far more situations.
Personal Injury attorneys at The Cochran Firm, in your state, will understand the relevant laws. If the proper course of action for you is a workers’ compensation claim, we’ll help you understand and navigate the system.
And if a personal injury claim is appropriate, you can trust in our years of experience with difficult construction accident cases.
If you or someone you know has suffered an injury in construction and are in need of an experienced personal injury lawyer, please contact The Cochran Firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation.