Natural Disaster Assistance
- Insurance firms profited $400 Billion after Hurricane Sandy by underpaying on their customer’s policies.
- Through the National Flood Insurance Program, participating insurance firms are paid additional money by FEMA to handle claims, yet many policyholders do not get the help they need.
- Insurance Adjusters are trained to settle claims as quickly as possible, and insurance companies use bad faith practices to underpay.
What is a natural disaster?
According to the Department of Homeland Security, natural disasters include “all types of severe weather, which have the potential to pose a significant threat to human health and safety, property, critical infrastructure, and homeland security.”
These disasters can occur without warning or seasonally, subjecting citizens of the United States to frequent periods of economic loss, insecurity, and disruption. There are several types of natural disasters, including hurricanes, floods, winter storms, wildfires, tornados, and earthquakes.
You should not be overpowered by your insurance company over the payment of your claim. Allow an experienced attorney at The Cochran Firm to represent you in legal action to hold them accountable for misconduct and to recover full compensation. Contact Us today at 1-800-THE-FIRM for more information on how we can help you with your natural disaster claim.
How do insurance companies underpay on their claims?
Insurance companies can use many tactics to underpay on claims or deny the claim altogether in order to make as much profit as possible.* Some of the tactics they use are:
- Applying inaccurate depreciation to determine the value of an asset.*
- Using outdated, inaccurate price lists where construction prices have increased.*
- Failing to value specialty objects accurately.*
- Claiming that type of damage is not covered in the policy*
- Stalling on processing a claim in hopes of increasing the likelihood that a policyholder will become desperate and agree to a smaller payout.
Has your property been damaged during a natural disaster?
You have had to experience the ordeal of seeing your property become severely damaged by the violent forces of a natural disaster and are likely now facing major, costly repairs. The outrageously strong winds found in hurricanes and tornadoes routinely cause devastating damage to communities throughout America, a fact that is only compounded by the risk of flood damage. Hot, dry summers make some states prone to wildfires that can easily consume vast areas of land, blazing out of control and burning anything that stands in the way. Earthquakes can cause significant damage, which rattles structures, causing harm and destruction. Winter storms bring hail and freezing temperatures that can cause extreme damage to your property. Luckily, our experienced, resourceful attorneys at The Cochran Firm will help you fight for fair settlements for natural disaster damages. Contact Us at 1-800-THE-FIRM today for more information on how we can help you with your natural disaster claim.
Why choose The Cochran Firm?
The Cochran Firm has the experience and resources to challenge powerful corporations and insurance firms like Monsanto, DuPont, Disney, and more. Our attorneys have won over $30 Billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
For your free, no-obligation initial consultation, contact Us today at 1-800-THE-FIRM to seek the help you deserve with your natural disaster claim.