According to data collected by the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Nashville is currently experiencing a spike in auto accidents. The number of crashes in Nashville reported in 2018 was 36,537, an alarming, drastic rise in accidents when compared to the previous year.
If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a car accident in the Nashville area, then a Nashville Car Accident lawyer can provide legal guidance and services. You may be entitled to compensation, so call our team at The Cochran Firm - Nashville today at 615-651-7451 to speak about your case at no cost.
Negligence is the Leading Cause of Car Accidents
The state of Tennessee defines negligence as “a conscious neglect of duty or a callous indifference to consequences.”
There is an expectation that motorists on the roads of Nashville and surrounding regions will operate their vehicles in a way that is reasonably prudent to prevent the injuries of others. To promote your case’s success, your Nashville car accident lawyer’s ultimate goal will be to prove that the party responsible for your accident acted with negligence.
Common Forms of Motorist Negligence
As the population of Nashville continues to grow, the city’s streets become increasingly congested and prone to accidents. Certain driver behaviors increase the risk of accidents that can profoundly impact the lives of others on the road.
Examples of driver negligence include:
- Texting while driving
- Talking on the phone while driving
- Failing to adhere to posted signs and traffic patterns
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Participating in distracted driving activities
- Road rage
- Poor judgment or inexperience
Your Nashville car accident lawyer will need to collect evidence that determines what or whom caused your accident. Witness statements, the police report, and other documents can work to assign negligence.
We Are Here to Help
We want to be a lifeline for our clients in the Nashville area, and we are here for you during your time of need. We know that the city presents many unique dangers in terms of vehicle accidents, and our background helps us understand how the law applies to motorists throughout the state.
Some of the conditions that may have played a factor in your accident (and may be relevant when determining liability) include:
- Congested roadways due to heavy foot traffic in the city
- Confusing or unclear rights-of-way
- Varying speed limits
- Bright lights and other possible distractions
- Poorly maintained roads
If an external factor relating to the city’s design resulted in your injuries, your Nashville car accident lawyer has the opportunity to pursue damages from the municipality responsible for its maintenance. We are determined to help you through this challenging time. To learn more, call The Cochran Firm - Nashville at 615-651-7451.
How Our Team Can Assist You
The Cochran Firm Partners have over 40 years of experience handling personal injury claims and navigating the court system. When you work with us, we are determined to put our knowledge, legal background, and resources to work on your behalf.
You can expect our team to:
- Take the necessary time to hear your account of events and review available evidence
- Conduct an independent investigation, which may result in new evidence that benefits your case
- Gather all of the documentation relevant to your situation including, but not limited to, police reports, medical records, and written witness testimony
- Bring your case to court within the required legal timelines
- Explore options for compensation that would help you avoid trial, although we can represent you in a lawsuit, if necessary
- Advise you on courses of action as your case develops Our lawyers are serious about your privacy, dignity, and right to pursue compensation. If you have any questions regarding the services we provide, do not hesitate to call us today.
Our Goal Is to Pursue Financial Recovery for You
Our team at The Cochran Firm - Nashville has a singular mission: to win for our clients. If you allow us, our team will direct this focus toward your case.
If we are successful as your legal representatives, you may be able to collect compensation covering:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of emergency transportation, procedures, prescriptions, and other forms of rendered care
- Lost wages resulting from an extensive recovery period
- Diminished earning capacity, if your injuries prevent you from continuing in your preferred method of employment
- Childcare costs, if you are unable to care for your children or dependents while you recover from your injuries
- Pain and suffering—this is an umbrella term that refers to a host of noneconomic damages, including emotional trauma and other non-calculable losses
Every car accident is different, and every case for compensation is unique. We will rely on the evidence in your case, including the losses you have suffered, to promote financial recovery on your behalf.
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
During your free case evaluation, you will learn about how The Cochran Firm – Nashville handles payment. We offer services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that we only get paid if we are successful in securing compensation for you and your family. How we are able to do this is by taking a portion of your settlement or court award to cover the costs of our rendered services. We believe in minimizing our clients’ financial
risk so that they can move forward in the pursuit of justice. We are in the business of justice.
Call Our Team at The Cochran Firm - Nashville Today
The Cochran Firm brand embodies the spirit and legacy of founder Mr. Johnnie Cochran, Jr.: to fight for those who have experienced injustice in its many forms. If you were injured in a car accident caused by negligence, we want to continue our founder’s mission by supporting your claim.
Call a Nashville car accident lawyer today. Schedule a free consultation with The Cochran Firm - Nashville by calling 615-651-7451.