Why You Should Speak to a Construction Accident Attorney
Men and women who work on construction sites are used to the dangers of the workplace. They accept a certain level of risk and deal with it admirably. However, this attitude, while necessary for construction work, also prevents many innocent victims of workplace accidents from speaking to a construction accident attorney about their injuries.
This is unfortunate. The construction accident attorneys at The Cochran Firm believe that construction workers have just as much right to a safe workplace and justice and compensation as any other employees.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident on a construction site, don’t hesitate to speak to our construction accident attorneys about your case. We can walk you through the workers’ compensation and legal processes and advise you on your next move.
If you need a construction site accident attorney, we have offices located across the country. Please call The Cochran Firm today at 1-800-843-3476 for a free consultation.
What Our Construction Accident Attorney Can Do For You
One of the steps you should take when construction accidents happen is to speak to a construction accident attorney immediately. You might feel as if the accident was your fault or that there was nothing to do be done. You might be reluctant to shake things up at work; many times our clients were explicitly told by their supervisors not to speak to a lawyer.
Regardless, it’s vital you protect your interests in the hours and days following the incident, and speaking to a construction accident attorney is a crucial step in doing this. State laws usually protect employees against retaliation for reporting accidents and safety hazards.
The construction accident attorneys at The Cochran Firm can help you by:
- Explaining the workers’ compensation processMany of these cases are handled through your state’s workers’ compensation system, but these systems are often complicated and difficult to navigate. Our attorneys understand how the workers’ comp process works and will help you understand it.
- Investigating your accidentOn the other hand, more cases than you might think are eligible for compensation outside the workers’ comp process. Our construction accident attorneys will investigate the incident and use our decades of experience to determine cause.
- Sorting out liabilityConstruction accident cases are often exceedingly complicated; there are a number of factors at play, and liability is often spread across a few different parties. The construction accident attorneys at The Cochran Firm can examine the circumstances of your case and identify the responsible parties.
Our construction site accidents can usually pursue compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral expenses (in a wrongful death case)
No construction accident attorney can promise you a specific monetary award. But you can trust The Cochran Firm to work your case with skill and passion.
If you were hurt while working on a construction site and you need an experienced construction accident attorney to help you pursue justice and compensation, please contact The Cochran Firm today for a free consultation.