While discussions about the importance of retaining an accident lawyer after your accident tend to revolve around potential legal actions, most accidents are resolved through the insurance system.
The important thing to understand is that the insurance companies are looking out for themselves, not for you. They want to resolve your claim as quickly as possible for as little as possible.
This is in their interests, but it’s not in yours. The accident lawyers at The Cochran Firm will protect your interests when no one else will. In this case, it means standing up to the insurance companies and negotiating with our eyes firmly placed on the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident and need an experienced accident lawyer to help you deal with the insurance companies, please call The Cochran Firm today at 1-800-843-3476 for a free consultation.
Put Your Trust In Us
Determining liability in an accident is often not easy, but if it’s found that you were faultless, you have a right to the compensation agreed to under your insurance policy. However, actually getting this compensation can be difficult.
Many insurance companies operate ethically and quickly pay out all that’s required under the law and their policies. However, some do not, and they will often try to get you to accept less than you are entitled to.
Whatever the specific nature of your accident, there are a few steps you can take afterward when dealing with insurance representatives. These include:
- Do not sign anything, especially settlement offers, from your insurance company. You should have an accident lawyer closely examine every offer before accepting or declining it.
- If you’ve already retained The Cochran Firm, politely inform any insurance company representative that they should direct their inquiries and proposals to your accident lawyer.
- Always seek medical attention. Insurance companies or your employer might try and dissuade you, but it’s important to know the full extent of your injuries.
- Hire an attorney if you have not already done so.
- Above all else, don’t panic. Don’t make a short-sighted decision, but don’t despair either. There are no guarantees in personal injury law, but The Cochran Firm has an excellent track record of helping innocent victims like you pursue justice and compensation.
If you want to speak to our experienced accident lawyers about your injuries, please contact The Cochran Firm today.